Thursday, 9th May – Friday, 10th May 2019
Time: Opens Thursday at 12:30, closes Friday at 17:00 hrs
Registration fee: £220.00 (inclusive of all refreshments, lunch on both days, a certificate of attendance, attendance at all lectures and case presentation sessions)
Gala dinner: £82.00 (not inclusive in the registration fee; added as an extra during registration)
This two-day meeting of the British and Danish ILAE branches addresses two topics of advanced epileptology: epilepsy surgery and channelopathies. Experts in these fields will review the state of the art of these rapidly developing areas. Case presentations will help to relate new knowledge in clinical practice.
Following the meeting, participants will be able to:
- Comprehend risks and benefits of epilepsy surgery
- Identify patients who need to be evaluated for epilepsy surgery
- Understand the importance of the multidisciplinary approach in presurgical evaluation
- Integrate novel diagnostic and surgical techniques in presurgical evaluation
- Comprehend the importance of channelopathies in patients with epilepsy
- Identify patients in whom genetic testing for channelopaties is indicated
- Use precision medicine in treatment of patients with channelopathies
We are inviting abstract submissions describing Epilepsy Surgery cases for possible presentation at the two-day meeting of the Danish and UK ILAE Chapters. Abstracts describing worked up, adult and paediatric cases who have undergone epilepsy surgery, where there are interesting and educational aspects will be chosen for presentation.
- Abstract length: Not more than 500 words.
- Abstract online submission deadline: 28th February 2019 at 23:00 hrs.
Submitting authors will need to confirm they have patient consent for the case presentation, including videos of seizures. Please can you confirm this in writing at the bottom of the abstract.
Cases with a lesson are more likely to be chosen if they fulfil at least one or more of the following criteria:
- Innovative treatment solutions
- Well defined localisation of clinical phenomena
- Clear resolution of a clinical conundrum
- Unusual semiology
- Post surgical resolution / cure
- A pitfall in practice
If required, accommodation is reserved for delegates at The Scandic Copenhagen Hotel
Rooms are available as an additional extra when booking, on a first come, first served basis. Room rates include breakfast.
Wednesday 8th May:
- Room: £199 for 1 night
Thursday 9th May
- Single room: £199 for 1 night
- Double: £222.50 for 1 night
- Triple room: £199 for 1 night
If you would like to reserve a room then please select your room preference and duration during registration.
Hotel address: Scandic Copenhagen Vester Søgade 6, DK-1601 København V.
Hotel phone number: +45 33 75 71 25
Plenty of alternative accommodation options to suit all budgets are available throughout the city.
Copenhagen Card – get free admission to top attractions and free public transportation.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
By completing and submitting the registration form you are confirming your intention for you/your colleagues to attend the specified meeting and will be liable for payment. Where circumstances beyond the control of the ILAE British Branch occur, for example illness and acts of god, including under-subscription to the course/event, the ILAE reserves the right to cancel the course/event. In such circumstances a full refund of course/event fees will be made, or the offer to transfer to another course/event, of similar value, will be offered. No responsibility is accepted for incidental or consequential loss resulting from such a cancellation.
Cancellations must be made in writing to email@example.com
Refunds are given as follows:
- Notice of cancellation received in writing on, or prior to, Thursday 7th March 2019 will be issued a full refund of their registration fee.
- Registration cancellations received after Thursday, 7th March 2019 will not receive a refund.
Liability and insurance
Neither the organisers or other suppliers accept liability for any injury, loss or damage, arising from accidents or other situations during or because of the course. Please check your personal insurance.
Privacy and data protection
Get in touch
For questions regarding online registration and/or meeting logistics, please contact the events team using the details below:
Project Lead – ILAE British Branch Event Team