Epilepsy Society, Chalfont St Peter
You are invited to the 4th ILAE British Branch Epilepsy Neuroimaging Teaching Course, which will be held in March 2021 at the Epilepsy Society, Chalfont St Peter. This event has been postponed from March and October 2020 as a result of the uncertainty around UK travel in the wake of the Covid-19 pandemic. We will update here with the new date of the course as soon as this is finalised.
The Epilepsy Neuroimaging Course was successfully launched in March 2017 and is now in its fourth year. Medical imaging is integral to the diagnosis, monitoring and treatment of modern epilepsy care and has greatly increased our understanding of this complex neurological condition. A fundamental understanding of the latest imaging modalities and analytical techniques is essential to ensure clinicians are best placed to choose the correct types of scans, counteract for patient-specific anomalies and better interpret the analytical outcomes. Open to all healthcare professionals and affiliates and MSc/PhD students, the 2.5-day course will provide both an overview and a solid foundation in state-of-the-art MRI and PET scanning in epilepsy from the leading researchers in the field.
The course will:
- Consist of lectures and small-group tutorials given by experienced MRI- and PET-clinicians / researchers
- Cover aspects of structural and functional MRI acquisition and analysis
- Train participants on real patients’ data in hands-on laboratory exercises.
On completion of the course, the participants will be able to:
- Employ MRI and PET to influence the clinical management of patients with epilepsy
- Select appropriate MRI sequences, and distinguish clinical and MR features of different etiologies
- Understand the role of advanced MRI and PET-MR acquisition and post-processing analysis methods.
- Consultant: £550.00
- Radiographer, PhD/MSc student, SpR, SHO, Nurse: £450.00
The registration fee is inclusive of electronic copy of course materials, certificate of attendance, all daytime meals & refreshments and the Friday faculty and delegate evening meal.
If you have questions about registration, or event logistics, do contact the ILAE Event team:
ILAE British Branch Interim Events Manager