Thursday 26th to Saturday 28th March 2020
Epilepsy Society, Chalfont St Peter
You are invited to the 4th ILAE British Branch Epilepsy Neuroimaging Teaching Course, which will be held between Thursday 26th and Saturday 28th March 2020 at the Epilepsy Society, Chalfont St Peter. Places are limited to 30 people and are guaranteed to be filled quickly. Registration is open and early bird registration rates are available.
The Epilepsy Neuroimaging Course was successfully launched in March 2017 and is now in its fourth year. Medical imaging is integral to the diagnosis, monitoring and treatment of modern epilepsy care and has greatly increased our understanding of this complex neurological condition. A fundamental understanding of the latest imaging modalities and analytical techniques is essential to ensure clinicians are best placed to choose the correct types of scans, counteract for patient-specific anomalies and better interpret the analytical outcomes. Open to all healthcare professionals and affiliates and MSc/PhD students, the 2.5-day course will provide both an overview and a solid foundation in state-of-the-art MRI and PET scanning in epilepsy from the leading researchers in the field.
The course will:
- Consist of lectures and small-group tutorials given by experienced MRI- and PET-clinicians / researchers
- Cover aspects of structural and functional MRI acquisition and analysis
- Train participants on real patients’ data in hands-on laboratory exercises.
On completion of the course, the participants will be able to:
- Employ MRI and PET to influence the clinical management of patients with epilepsy
- Select appropriate MRI sequences, and distinguish clinical and MR features of different etiologies
- Understand the role of advanced MRI and PET-MR acquisition and post-processing analysis methods.
Early bird (deadline Friday, 20th December 2019, 23:59 hrs)
- Consultant: £510.00
- Radiographer, PhD/MSc student, SpR, SHO, Nurse: £410.00
Standard (available from Saturday, 21st December 2019)
- Consultant: £550.00
- Radiographer, PhD/MSc student, SpR, SHO, Nurse: £450.00
The registration fee is inclusive of electronic copy of course materials, certificate of attendance, all daytime meals & refreshments and the Friday faculty and delegate evening meal. Accommodation is not included in the ticket price. However, rooms can be booked during the registration process. Details will be available once registration is live.
- The Programme can be viewed here.
If you have questions about registration, or event logistics, do contact the ILAE Event team:
ILAE British Branch Events Manager