Thursday, 28th February – Saturday, 2nd March 2019
Time: 13:00 – 17:30 hrs
Venue: MRI Unit, Chalfont Centre, Chalfont St Peter, UK, SL9 0RJ
Early bird registration rate (deadline Friday, 21st December 2018)
- Consultant: £460
- Radiographers, PhD/MSc students, SpR, SHO, Nurses: £360
Standard registration rate (available from Saturday, 22nd December 2018)
- Consultant: £510
- Radiographers, PhD/MSc students, SpR, SHO, Nurses: £410
The ILAE British Branch Epilepsy Neuroimaging Course was successfully launched in March 2017 and is now in its third year. Open to all healthcare professionals and affiliates and MSc/PhD students, the 3-day course aims to provide both an overview and a solid foundation in state-of-the-art MRI and PET scanning in epilepsy.
The course will:
- Consist of lectures and small-group tutorials given by experienced MRI- and PET-clinicians / researchers
- Cover aspects of structural and functional MRI acquisition and analysis
- Train participants on real patients’ data in hands-on laboratory exercises.
On completion of the course, the participants will be able to:
- Employ MRI and PET to influence the clinical management of patients with epilepsy
- Select appropriate MRI sequences, and distinguish clinical and MR features of different etiologies
- Understand the role of advanced MRI and PET-MR acquisition and post-processing analysis methods.
Accommodation is not included in the registration fee. However, rooms have been reserved for delegates for two nights at The Ethorpe Hotel, which is located in the centre of Gerrards Cross.
Rooms are available as an additional extra when booking, on a first come, first served basis. Payment will be required by the hotel upon checkout.
- Single room: £125 for 2 nights
- Double/Twin room: £145 for 2 nights
If you would like to reserve a room then please select your room preference during registration. Your room will then be reserved by the ILAE Events team on your behalf. A booking confirmation email will be sent to you shortly after registration.
Alternative local accommodation options are available. This information can be sent on at your request by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Please select the no lodgings option during registration and send us an email to access this information.
Useful course information
- Places are limited to 32 people on first come first served basis.
- Registration fee inclusive of electronic copy of course materials, certificate of attendance, all daytime meals & refreshments and the Friday evening meal. Note that dinner will not be provided on Thursday, 28th February. However, the Ethorpe Hotel has a restaurant and there are plenty of local dining options.
- Comprehensive travel and accommodation information will be provided by the organiser via email.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
By completing and submitting the registration form you are confirming your intention for you/your colleagues to attend the specified meeting and will be liable for payment. Where circumstances beyond the control of the ILAE occur, for example, illness and acts of god, including under-subscription to the course/event, the ILAE reserves the right to cancel the course/event. In such circumstances a full refund of course/event fees will be made, or the offer to transfer to another course/event, of similar value, will be offered. No responsibility is accepted for incidental or consequential loss resulting from such a cancellation.
Cancellations must be made in writing to email@example.com
Refunds are given as follows:
- Notice of cancellation received in writing more than 30 days prior to the event will be issued a full refund of their registration fee.
- Cancellations received 30 days or less prior to the event will not receive a refund.
Liability and insurance
Neither the organisers or other suppliers accept liability for any injury, loss or damage, arising from accidents or other situations during or as a consequence of the course. Please check your personal insurance.
Privacy and data protection
Comments from several of the 2018 attendees
“unlike any course I’ve been on before. I managed to have fun and learn some incredibly useful and exciting things!”
“I came a long way from Seoul, every moment was worth it, would recommend course to anyone who is interested in epilepsy imaging at its best”
“it was great to meet others involved in epilepsy outside physics. An excellent opportunity to tie together my piece-meal knowledge of epilepsy MRI”
“very good speakers, inter-active, great balance physics & clinical…”
“friendly inclusive atmosphere & humour”