ILAE British Branch Annual Scientific Meeting
12-14 October 2022
City Hall, Cardiff
The conference has been approved by the Federation of the Royal Colleges of Physicians for 11 category 1 (external) CPD credit(s).
We are delighted to announce that registration is now open for the 2022 ILAE British Branch Annual Scientific Meeting. The meeting will be held face-to-face at Cardiff City Hall between Wednesday 12th and Friday 14th October.
The full programme is available on the conference website – www.ilaebritishconference.org.uk
This year’s sessions include:
- Moving Forwards: Novel treatments for epilepsy
- Artificial Intelligence in epilepsy: Is this useful to our current clinical practice?
- Keynote talk: The Salzburg Consensus Criteria for Non-Convulsive Status Epilepticus – application in practice
- Music therapy in epilepsy
- Cardiff / Wales research update
- Excellence in Epilepsy Award lecture – Dr Ian Minshall
- Clinical Teaching 1: Developmental and epileptic encephalopathies / Clinical Teaching 2: Managing difficult genetic generalised epilepsies with panel discussion
- Celine Newman neurobiology of epilepsy Platform presentations
- Platform poster presentations
- Expert led poster presentations
- Neurosurgery network meeting
Early bird rates are available until the 26th August at 17:00 hrs.
You can register your place here.
We are accepting abstract submissions for the following:
- General abstracts
- Neurobiology of epilepsy abstracts
- Cases for Neurosurgery Network meeting
Prizes are available in all categories.
The Council of the ILAE British Branch also invite entries for the Gowers Award. These are for dissertations of up to 5000 words on any aspect of epilepsy. The awards are in the following category:
- Gowers Clinical Science Award (£500)
- Gowers Medical Student Award (£500)
Abstract & Gowers Award deadline: Friday 1st July 2022 at 1700 hrs.
Submit your abstracts here.
If you are from the UK and a non clinician you may wish to apply for a bursary to assist you in attending the conference. The bursary rate is a flat rate of £170 for the entire meeting. If you wish to do this you should in the first instance apply to the ILAE British Branch by completing this form. Forms should be sent via email to email@example.com
Should you have questions then don’t hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org