What patients could do
(When planning pregnancy, thinking they might be pregnant, becoming pregnant, booking into the obstetric services, planning delivery or preparing for the first year after delivery)
- Be aware what effect their AEDs will have on contraception, fertility, and conception
- Be aware what extra vitamins might help their baby to be fit and well
- Plan for pregnancy (we realise this is not always possible)
- Be active in ensuring availability of shared care pregnancy notes.
- Request rapid access to specialist epilepsy services
- Register online on the epilepsy in pregnancy register or ask their healthcare professional to register their pregnancy