Membership of ILAE British Chapter
Membership of the British Chapter is open to any individual or organisation working or that has an interest in the field of epilepsy.
Our current membership includes:
• Consultants, GPs, nurses, psychiatrists, neuropsychologists, paediatricians and other clinicians
• Academics, researchers, technicians, PhD students, Medical students
• Charities, voluntary sector professionals
There are two categories of membership – Consultant Rate and Non Consultant Rate. You can join the ILAE British Chapter at any time of the year. Membership will then run from January to December.
The ILAE British Chapter has an exciting new benefit for its members!
As a member of the British Chapter, you’re entitled to exclusive free access to the ebrain, a gold standard in interactive online learning for professionals in the neurosciences. Ebrain is a very large online e-learning environment that can be used by both trainees and trainers to support continuous professional development. It is owned jointly by the UK clinical neuroscience speciality associations including ILAE British Chapter. Features include:
1. CPD points – you can claim up to 9 external points per year
2. 650+ interactive elearning sessions covering all the clinical neurosciences
3. Question bank of MCQ questions with over 2500 MCQs
4. Virtual patients which you can both manage and mismanage quite safely!
6. Mock examinations although currently only in Neurosurgery
7. Free downloadable app called moodle mobile (google or apple app store)
8. Potential to contribute content or ideas to ebrain
Once you become a member free access will be given. To find out more about ebrain visit the website www.ebrainjnc.com.
Benefits of becoming a member
• NEW! Exclusive free access to ebrain
• Regular e-newsletters, highlighting both British and international events and awards in the field of epilepsy
• An invitation to our annual scientific meeting held in the autumn each year
• Invitations to attend joint meetings with other organisations
• Access to high quality epilepsy teaching weekends
• Access to bursaries
• Discounted registration rates for certain ILAE meetings
• Your views represented at International League Against Epilepsy forums
• Networking opportunities
Membership Fee 2016/2017
- Consultant, GP or GPwSI in epilepsy – full rate – £100.00
- Consultant, GP or GPwSI in epilepsy – retired – £50.00
- Other / Non-consultant – full rate – £50.00
- Other / Non-consultant – retired – £25.00
(Fee for non-medics, nurses, physiologists, counsellors, scientists, psychologists,junior doctors, students etc.)
How to apply
1. Complete the membership application form below
2. Once you have completed the application form you can pay the annual membership fee in one of three ways either:
• Pay directly: we will email you setting out our bank details so that you can pay the annual membership fee to our bank account.
• Pay by cheque: you can send a cheque written our to the ILAE to the Membership Secretary at the address set out below.
• Download, complete, sign & send the Standing Order mandate: the form is located at the bottom of the page.
ILAE British Chapter,
Box Number 20,
Institute of Neurology,
London WC1N 3BG
If you have any queries, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If postal SO payment method is chosen, a completed standing order mandate form is also required to be sent at the same time as the membership application to the Membership Secretary (address above). You can download this below.